Thursday, December 27, 2012

First Road Trip



Aki Bear did such a great job on our drive up to Maryland for Christmas. We stopped only two times. Once to change his diaper and once for lunch (for the grown ups.) We had him do tummy time when we stopped which is a good counter-pose from sitting in the carseat for a long while. I fed him a bottle while Mike drove, which was a lot of fun because we weren't sure if he would take the bottle from me, but he did! He drank it up. It was nice to see the bottle-drinking progress he had made for myself. I also fed him a small amount of sweet potato. He never cried. He fussed a little, but never cried. I sat in the back with him for maybe 1.5 - 2 hours total and the rest of the time I sat up front. He slept 3 times. He was a dream. Some of the things he seemed to love while on the road:
  • The sound of the car.
  • The sunlight streaming through Mike's black and white scarf that we used to shield out the bright sun - he looked at that and played with the scarf for a good amount of time.
  • Cars or big trucks passing by
Look! A pacifier in his mouth! We think he's taking these more easily these days because he enjoys biting on them with his sore gums and it helps soothes away any aches.
He does get really hot sitting in his seat. Every time I'd take him out his back was a little moist from being sweaty hot. I make sure he isn't bundled up when he sits in there and I even take his socks off, even if it's 32ºF out. He's a little heater.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely memory of his first road trip! He sure seems to be okay with his pacifier now. Are you getting more sleep?

    ReplyDelete