Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Solid Food Extravaganza

My friend Alison sent me the book "The Wholesome Baby Food Guide" by Maggie Meade. It's got over 150 easy and healthy baby food recipes. It's a great book (Thanks Auntie A!) I've been using those recipes (which are, at this point, one ingredient recipes so they are monkey proof) and they are great because not only do they give you ideas of what to feed a new-to-solids-human but the author writes about introducing solid foods and different food stages. I also discovered that the author has a website and blog with more recipes! Check it out here.

The Bear loves a pear. So far he has had sweet potato, apples, avocado, green beans, rice cereal and pears. And I've also done various combos of those foods. Out of those six he loves pears most. I mixed some apples with the pears and he likes that too. Apparently apples and sweet potatoes are constipating which just means I will mix those up with pears! Pears for pleasant pooping! His least favorite are green beans which means I will mix green beans in with his faves. We may try peas next as they are sweeter than green beans. He also loves the rice cereal. Here is a video of him lapping it up - having spoonfuls wasn't sufficient, he wanted gulps:

No comments:

Post a Comment