Saturday, December 8, 2012

First Week of Daycare


Aki Burrito did such a good job. Each time I dropped him off I would say goodbye and he would just smile at me coyly. The first day was rough for me but apparently not for him! His second day went well too as well as his third day. K said that it seems like he’s been here for a month already; he seems so at ease.  Thank goodness. She seems to have the magic touch when it comes to putting him down for naps: unswaddled and not much rocking if any at all! She says he cries for 3 minutes or so and then he’s asleep. I’m amazed. I tried her technique today and he just cried forever off and on. I must be doing something wrong…checking on him too often? Room to bright? Too dark? The smell of milk on me? Not being K? I bet that’s what it is. Who knows. I’d like to watch it for myself, I don’t believe it.  She must have a magic trick. He’s also going through diapers and pooping up a storm. Must be the solids. K says he likes watching the two year old Lily and seems to like a little girl named Emily who is 4.5 months old. Apparently they just babble back and forth in their secret language.

On day one I didn’t get my luxurious sleep like I planned and was determined to get it on day two. I think I slept 2 hours or so and woke up twice during that span. It wasn’t satisfying. Then I cleaned the house like a maniac. That, on the other hand, was satisfying.  Because of my nap I wasn’t able to go to sleep that night and the next day at work I was a zombie. I told Mike later that I decided that sleep was overrated. HA! I never thought I’d say that in a million years. It’s amazing what our bodies can do (make humans, breathe, go with limited amounts of sleep.) My desire for a long nap is now no more. I’m sure I will take a nap on the next two days that he’s in care and I don’t work but I’m not going to over do it. Sleep shmeep.

1 comment:

  1. SO good to hear things are going so well at daycare.
    Does K have a bed there or do you bring a sleeper...You are so funny sleep shmeep.

    ReplyDelete