Monday, July 1, 2013

Top 3

I've been tracking my pregnancy and the arrival and all of the experiences with Stanley Bear now for about a year and a half now. I'm so glad I started this blog - which began as a way to keep our families and friends across the map in the know with my pregnancy. I'm currently trying to turn the pregnancy portion of it into a book. The next step will be to turn the first year of the Bear's life on this blog into a second book. (These are books that I print and bind myself.) I hope I can do it. It's already taking me a lot longer than I imagined.

Since this is the Bear's birth week I thought I'd look back at some of the posts that I did when I was pregnant or when he was much tinier. On blogspot (which hosts my little blog here) they have a "Stats" section where I can see how many people checked out the blog in a day, week, month, year or all time. I can also see the top posts. Out of curiousity I looked into this and the top 3 posts are, in order:

1. Midwife's Appointment: Dilated and Effaced
2. Garlic Clove in the "Fanny Pack"
3. To Eat Placenta, or Not to Eat Placenta, That is the Question

I thought that was neat. People are looking at the more informative posts on pregnancy.

And last July 1, this is what I posted:

Things I look forward to NOT being pregnant
  • Meeting Thunder Bear.
  • Sleeping on my tummy.
  • Drinking a glass of wine - guilt free.
  • Running.
  • Riding my bike.
  • Not getting up more than once a night to go pee.
  • Power yoga.
  • Hot baths and saunas.
  • People not making comments about how I look.
  • People not telling me what I can and cannot do.
  • Unpasteurized cheese.
 P.S. I'm still pregnant
 ________________________________________________________________________
  • It's been great getting to know Thunder Bear, who is now, Aki Bear.
  • I love sleeping on my tummy, although it took some getting use to in the beginning.
  • Wine. Yum.
  • Running. Still can't do this without peeing.
  • Riding my bike. I rode my bike once and it was good. I need to do it more often. 
  • I almost never get up to go pee anymore.
  • I have only done power yoga a handful of times. I should find a class that fits into my schedule better.
  • Hot baths and saunas. I need to take more hot baths. I've only done one sauna since the Bear was born. I need to figure out how to indulge in the sauna more often.
  • People still make comments how I look. In fact someone asked me if I was expecting the other day. I just told them I was fat. Geez.
  •  Cheese is why I probably still look pregnant. 
P.S. I'm NOT pregnant

1 comment:

  1. Geez and cheese!!! Ha!
    Cool that you are putting your posts into books...I think they are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete