Thursday, July 25, 2013

Vacuuming...kinda.

Like I said before, Stan Bear likes copying us. Here he is vacuuming...kinda. He's sort of apprehensive about it when it is on. He seems to freeze or run to Mama when I turn it on. But when it's off, he'll "vacuum" away.


vacuuming from erin kawamata on Vimeo.

It just goes to show that our children watch us. They watch our every move. If we vacuum they will. If we open the door with keys, so will they. If we say bless you or gesundheidt after someone sneezes, so will they (eventually). If we spit, they will spit. If we scream when we see a spider or snake, so will they. If we use derogatory words, they will too. If we judge, sadly, they will most likely judge too. Luckily there are all sorts of teachers one can learn from. I hope he is watching me really well when I wash dishes and when I sleep (or feign sleep) at 5 in the morning while he is wreaking havoc.

No comments:

Post a Comment