Wednesday, July 17, 2013

First Molars


Remember how I said I could feel his first molar on the top left of the Bear's mouth? Well, I can now feel three of his first molars: two on the top one on the bottom left(one green, two orange). They are not like his front teeth. They are four pronged (according to the doctor) although it feels like they are two pronged, points on the outside and points on the inside with the center part of the tooth in the middle that will erupt last - so there's a big chunk of gum there. I don't want to think about what happens to the big chunk of gum. OY.   The one on the bottom right (in pink) is coming, but not cutting through his gums yet. I can't believe the poor fella has to go through this all at once. I guess he's getting it all over with rather than one at a time but still, ouch! His poor, achy mouth! He bites everything (including me, my knee, my shoulder, not so much my nipple, sometimes but not hard.) Things I've noticed since these darned molars have started moving in:

1) His appetite is inconsistent. He either eats a lot or doesn't want anything.
2) He seems to want to nurse all the time.
3) He's more fond of his pacifier.
4) His poops are sloppier and stinkier.
5) I've noticed one time he felt slightly hot but not really feverish.
6) He gets up between 4 and 5 am. FUN!
7) He's fussier.

The good thing is, once those four big ones are in he's just got 8 more teeth to go!! Go Bear, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment