Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Breastfeeding

I really am enjoying breastfeeding. I got a little jealous (and my nipples seemed to cry) when Mike was feeding Aki Bear with the bottle for the first time. I could just stare at this little baby all of the time. Things I do while breastfeeding are watch Downton Abbey, trim his finger or toe nails, clean his face or behind his ears, touch his super soft arms, massage his back, place my finger within his grasp, touch the little dimples where his knuckles are, put my hand on his feet and make his toes curl, blow his hair, comb his hair, make his hair into different patterns on his head, take pictures of him...I think that's it...I hope I don't give him some sort of eating disorder from all that distraction. I told Mike to always ask me about 2-3 minutes after I've started a feeding if I need anything because I usually forget to grab my water bottle or my snack or the remote control or the little finger nail clippers and once little man is on the boob I feel a little trapped, I'm learning to walk with him feeding but it is still a little awkward.

1 comment:

  1. I love the things you do while you're nursing..you are so in the moment.

    ReplyDelete