Saturday, August 4, 2012

Diaper Rash


O.K. it was too good to be true. I thought the cloth wipes with warm water solved the problem. NOPE. His red tush is back in action. Probably because he makes 24+ dirty/wet diapers a day which means he gets lots of action down there and lots of wiping. So, I am going to experiment with the ointments that I have. I have two different Burt's Bees ointments. One is the Burt's Bees diaper ointment that has almond oil and zinc oxide. The zinc oxide makes it white, like clown make up.
The other one is also Burt's Bees but it is a multipurpose ointment and it is clear almost like vaseline but petroleum free. One of the midwives said to use a clear ointment not the white ones. I forgot what the reason was. The third is something called Dermacloud Ointment (Fanny Cream) which is also zinc oxide based. I also was given something called "All Good Goop" which I will give a try. It's an herbal based ointment. If all of that fails I will get some Boudreaux's Butt Paste as recommended by Mama Jen. I just like the sound of that one. I think giving each of these at least one week to see if it works will be a good little experiment.

If none of these work then I'm just going to let Stanley go nude everywhere and dunk his bum up and down in warm water until all the poop comes off as to not wipe him at all. Or maybe use the diaper sprayer on his little bum; it's like a baby bidet. We had our Birthing Class reunion last Saturday (pics to come I hope, just waiting for the picture taker to share them with the group!) and our instructor said that sometimes a diaper rash can mean that he's allergic to something that I'm eating. Please let him be allergic to something I can live without, like, pancakes or lamb.

UPDATE. I'm on day 4 of using the Burt's Bees diaper ointment and his rash is gone. Voila! I'm almost out of that tube but going to move on to the second ointment I have. If I've got 'em why not use 'em?


2 comments:

  1. His diaper rash could be thrush. It can come and go like that until it's gone. Opal had it and Mason and I had it BAD. I ended up getting something from the dr. because I didn't want to go through what I went through with Mason, trying to solve it naturally. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete