Thursday, May 24, 2012

Adorable Hiccups

I made this yummy meal for dinner the other night from the cooking blog Cookie + Kate:
Click on the pic for the recipe
It was delicious. Even meat-eating-Mike gave it the thumbs up. I think the combination of sweet squash and spicy chipotles in adobo make for an unexpected and winning combination. Mike and I still think and talk about bro-in-law Dave's mashed sweet potatoes and chipotles in adobo that he made one Thanksgiving. AMAZING.

So I had read about babies getting hiccups in the womb, usually after eating something spicy, but it had not happened yet (and I've been eating spicy stuff here and there.) After eating this meal I was lounging on the love seat watching America's Next Top Model: British Invasion (guilty pleasure) and all of a sudden the right side of my belly moved. It wasn't a kicking or roly poly movement but more like a tic. And then again. And again. And again, pretty regularly for a couple of minutes. Hiccups! Adorable hiccups. I don't know why they are so cute but they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment