Thursday, May 31, 2012

Shawnee Makes Humans. What's Your Superpower?

My beautiful, full-of-joy, lover-of-life, steadfast friend, Shawnee, had her baby girl late on May 28th!
It has been so much fun being pregnant at the same time with one of my best friends - even if we are on opposite sides of the country. I'm so proud of Shawnee. She had a very similar plan to me, midwives, natural birth, etc. I wrote about it in the post, "Differences and an Open Mind" long ago. Her birth and labor didn't go exactly as she planned but she rolled with the punches. It is a huge lesson to me on life and ideals and plain ol' "ya never know what's gonna happen" yet she has taken it in stride and made great decisions with the help of her hub and midwives to an extremely happy and healthy outcome. I'm so proud of you Shawnee and I hope I can be as strong as you when my and Thunder Bear's time comes to face the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment