Sunday, May 20, 2012

Midwife Visit Part II


Toward the end of our midwife appointment she asked me if I had been producing any milk and I said no. She then asked if she could do a breast exam. So she did and squeezed each nipple and milk came out. MILK CAME OUT! I am a part of the animal kingdom! I can feed and nourish humans! I AM MAKING MILK! It was wacky. It's just crazy to me even though I knew that would happen I just didn't know it was happening right then and there. She said I had the best maternal breasts she's seen (which I'm sure she says to almost all the ladies) and then Mike chimed in saying in his slimeball, southern accent, "I married her for her maternal hips." Geez people. It was definitely a confidence building appointment. Everything seems to be on track. I do think I need to step up my iron intake still so I will get on that! 

Image from: http://www.thing-of-beauty.com/porcelain-milk-cartons-by-ricochet-studio

1 comment:

  1. I love that appointment!!
    Blackstrap molasses, I repeat!!!!
    Spinach, chard, beans, prunes, raisins!
    Love, From your semi-vegetarian mama

    ReplyDelete