Monday, May 21, 2012

Blankies

I crocheted this textural blanket with my large cotton yarn stash. I imagine this will be a fun blanket for wee Thunder Bear to grab and feel. Maybe it's a travel blanket where he can have it in the car seat or the stroller...I guess I'll let him decide. I also call it the nipple blanket because all of those little nubs.

While we're on the subject of blankets our friend Jane (who was one of the witnesses at our lawful wedding here in Chapel Hill) made us a gorgeous flannel quilt. Here's a detail:

And my co-worker Vanessa crocheted this lovely grey blanket with this gorgeous lavender ribbon woven in on the edges:

And lastly Mike's parents sent this gorgeous heirloom quilt. It was given to Mike's Dad, Dick, when he was first born by friends of his parents. Then it was passed down to Mike. It's a first-born's quilt.  Dick was first born of 4 kids. Mike was the first born of 3 kids and now it has been passed down to our wee one since he is the first-born of the first-born (a.k.a. Mike).  I cried when we opened it and read the explanation; I'm a sentamentalist. It's super duper special. Here's a detail:


2 comments:

  1. Omigosh, these are such amazing blankets...I can see why you teared up at the hand-me-down.
    oooma

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby should love your hand-mades as they tend to love texture....

    ReplyDelete