Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I Miss You Hot Baths and Saunas

Every Thursday after yoga, Mike and I would indulge in the wet sauna and hot tub. I absolutely love saunas. I love turning lobster red and then jumping in a cold shower and then back again into the steamy hot room. At home I love taking hot baths. When I say hot, I mean HOT. I sometimes don't even turn the cold water on. Mike thinks I'm cuckoo; he doesn't know how I can stand such temps. Ever since I found out I was pregnant that is one of the first things I read/heard: no hot baths, no saunas or hot tubs. The baby has no way of cooling itself down. When it gets warmer out and I go on my long hikes I may have to bring my water with me just to keep cool and at a healthy temp. Good thing Mike found me a fanny pack at the thrift store. Now I can carry two bottles of water, my wallet, my phone, a first aid kit, and pencil, some paper, and my camera while looking ever so hip out on the trail, yet keeping the kid cool inside to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment