Saturday, February 4, 2012

Crying at the Department Store



I went shopping today. I needed to get a bigger bra; my boobs are HUGE (apparently I say that a lot.) Mike came with me. We went to Ross and my new bra was a steal at $6.99. I love you Ross. Next door to Ross is a Target. We went there too. Mike gets these little white picture frames for cheap for his gorgeous art works. So I stepped in there with him and told him I was going to browse in the baby section. This, surprisingly, is the first time I've looked at baby clothes/stuff since I've been carrying the little one with me. I went to the clothing section and saw little monkey sleepers with monkey feet, tiny shirts, itsy bitsy socks...I started crying. HA! I've looked at baby clothes before, for friends or just because baby clothes are so adorable but man, oh, man, this is the first time that I was looking for me, for my very own child. It all became so real. The newborn sizes were ultra-petite. I could just imagine this tiny babe, no longer in my womb but outside of it and in my arms, with little monkey feet, drool, screams, stinky diapers and all; I was overjoyed and overcome with emotion. When I met up with Mike on one of the big, shiny, wide aisles I told him about the precious little outfits and started to cry again. Mike put on a pouty lip and said in a little kid voice, "It's because there's a little miracle growing inside you." Haha! He cracks me up.

Image from: http://www.photographyblogger.net/16-precious-pictures-of-baby-feet/

No comments:

Post a Comment