Monday, February 20, 2012

Wee Tastebuds

Apparently, this week, the little monkey is beginning to swallow and taste the food that I eat through the amniotic fluid. This is really making me more mindful of what I am eating, not necessarily health-wise but flavor wise. I've been eating pretty well (I've always loved my veggies) and I'm eating way more fruit than I ever have. But I feel like I'm more conscious of flavors. I think what I'm trying to say is that I am more conscious about diversifying what I'm eating. I'm a creature of habit. I could eat Joe's Os cereal with banana slices for breakfast for a year straight but knowing that the baby can taste what I'm eating I figure, let's get this little human some sweet, some bitter, some sour, some tart, some savory. Let's get some blueberries instead of bananas this week...strawberries instead of oranges, asparagus instead of broccoli...fudge instead of dark chocolate, ice cream instead of yogurt. Mmmm. All this talk of food is making me hungry.

This ultrasound shows an 18 week baby swallowing amniotic fluid...watch it's little mouth at around 21 seconds:

No comments:

Post a Comment