Thursday, February 9, 2012

To Crave or Not to Crave

I don't feel like I've had any major cravings that have stuck with me. The biggest change is my sweet tooth; I didn't really have a big sweet tooth before. I can make a pint of ice cream last for 2 weeks. I can make a snickers candy bar last for a week. I'm a savory girl. I don't even relish a bit of jam on my toast(unless it's guava or huckleberry!), more butter please.

In my first trimester, for a couple of weeks straight, I would get a pint of Maple View chocolate milk...almost every day of the week. They have those plastic tabs that you'd pull off around the rim of the cap in order to open it. I would leave those tabs in the car and one weekend Mike came in the house with a handful of them saying something like, "Anyone have a chocolate milk craving lately?" Guilty as charged; if only I could blame the cat. I haven't had chocolate milk now in awhile and the sweet tooth comes and goes. Just a couple of days ago I went grocery shopping and I came home and told Mike that I shouldn't be allowed to grocery shop by myself anymore. I bought brownie mix, frosting for some cake mix we have at home, and Oreo cookies. That's over the top for me.

As for anti-cravings or food turn-offs, there is one particular smell that I cannot stand, it makes me gag. It's fried chicken wings that have been microwaved. BLEH! My supervisor was eating some in her office when I went to talk to her one day and I didn't want to be rude and tell her that her lunch smelled awful but I really had to put an effort into cutting my nose off. I rushed out of there as quickly as possible, gasping for chicken-wing-free air (I exaggerate.) Apparently, she or someone else in the office eats these things quite a bit. That's when I step out of the building and escape to Building 2. I would put a picture of chicken wings here but I can't imagine doing a Google image search for chicken wings, that sounds nightmarish to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment