Friday, February 24, 2012

Dickie the Cat


We wonder if Dickie can sense anything different about me. Sometimes I put my belly to her face but she doesn't react in any way really...just her regular cat self, she sniffs a little and turns away indifferently. I wonder how she'll react to the new addition when the babe comes home. She's a pretty curious cat. I'm sure she'll sniff the baby. I'll be watching closely. I don't think she'll claw or bite; I think she'll just sniff and stare in wonder. I also am curious to see if she acts out in jealousy at all. Last night she got up on the kitchen table (bad kitty!) where my prenatal vitamins were sitting and she knocked them clear off the table. We heard this big crash (nothing broke) and Mike went into the kitchen and caught Dickie jumping off the table and my vitamin jar on the floor. This is when my imagination kicked in: SHE KNOWS, the cat knows that there is a little baby incubating in my womb. SHE IS JEALOUS and is trying get rid of the vitamins so that the little squirrel will get less nutrients. HA! Maybe that could be another children's book idea: The plot of the story is jealousy of a new baby. Instead of an older brother or sister it's the cat, but in the end they become snuggle buddies. Meow. Watch Dickie push things off of her favorite stack of boxes and then watch her be totally nonchalant about it and groom her gorgeous self:

No comments:

Post a Comment