Monday, February 6, 2012

A Person's a Person

A person's a person no matter how small. - Dr. Seuss


I just read a short little post on Janet Lansbury's blog and she quoted Dr. Seuss. Mike and I just recently watched Horton Hears a Who on T.V. and actually enjoyed it! We usually aren't ones to watch "kids" movies (I guess we're going to have to get used to that.) This quote reminds me of a quote that my Mom (a retired preschool teacher) had framed and hanging in her bedroom while I was growing up. It said, "Children are people too." I can remember reading it as a little tyke and understood it but from a different perspective from how I read it now. Back then I was a child, and that quote sort of left me empowered, like a children's rights quote or something. Now, as an adult, it is simply a good reminder that children aren't dolls, they are not stupid, they are not just cutesie little things, they are people, they are sponges soaking up information, they are small but with HUGE potential.

Image from: www.coloring-pictures.net

No comments:

Post a Comment