Wednesday, June 27, 2012

40 Weeks

Thunder Bear is still very comfortable in the womb:
So tomorrow is really the official 40 week mark, my due date: June 28. I'm definitely feeling ready...I mean, ready to depregnantize(term coined by Christina) although I'll miss it a little, but not necessarily ready to be a parent (ready as I'll ever be I suppose.) I just figure that a large part of parenting is going to be "learn as you go". I've been reading a lot and I know what makes sense to me but reading is different than putting things into action. Luckily we start out with a tiny baby who just eats, poops, sleeps and stares at things wide eyed, rather than with a 13 year old with an attitude. So we'll have a little time to transition from stage to stage.

Mike and I went to Pepper's Pizza last night (where we would go to brainstorm our wedding plans - we've had lots of important talks there too.) Last night we talked about how this(baby boy) is going to change our dynamic of two. We decided to stay in communication with eachother like we usually do, be understanding of eachother, help eachother out, empathize and love eachother unconditionally. We didn't actually say those things straight out like that, but our conversation touched on those things. It was kind of like restating our wedding vows again. Oh. I should pull those out and look at them. I love our wedding vows. Anyhoo, it was a good talk. Every time we go out to eat now we say, "This might be our last dinner date with just the two of us." When we went back to the car with the newly installed car seat Mike said something like, "Aw, that will be so cute to see a little baby in there." It sure will be!

I have a midwife's appointment today at 2pm. We will check to see if I'm dilated at all. Let's go dilation! Let's go effacement! I'll keep y'all in the loop!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, wow, wow...I love how you talk to each other!!

    ReplyDelete