Monday, June 25, 2012

Productivity

Sunday was a productive day. I put the carseat in the car. It just fits perfectly, if it were any bigger we'd need a bigger car or smaller carseat. We got the Chicco Keyfit 30 (which was given to us by Mike's sister Sue and fam (THANK YOU!)) I did lotsa research on carseats and this one seemed to be one of the best so on the registry it went!
We even got it in this pretty apple green color.

Mike installed the Bum Genius Diaper sprayer (which was given to us by Shawnee (THANK YOU!)) This thing is amazing. It attaches to the toilet and it will aid us in spraying off soiled cloth diapers. I heard about it via one of my favorite DIY blogs, Young House Love dot com. They do all sorts of home improvements and they have a wee one so every now and then they do a project that has to do with a little kid. They did a post titled Easy Upgrade: Super Toilet where they installed the diaper sprayer as well as a dual flush system (which we haven't done, one thing at a time over here at Casa de Imperfeccion).
Image is from Young House Love dot com
It seems pretty  powerful, this diaper sprayer. As Mike was installing it he said, at least twice, "This is a really great piece of equipment." Can't wait to get my hands on a poopy diaper.

Mike mowed the lawn. I went grocery shopping (and got a Venti Decaf Mocha Frappuccino with whipped cream.....slurrrrrrp.) I made a big pot of Pasta Fagioli and put it in the freezer to take with us when we take our ultimate trip to the birth center since we'll be there for more than 12 hours (due to the Beta Strep.)
Click on this sentence to get the delicious Pasta Fagioli recipe from shutterbean dot com
 Mike watched football(soccer) while I SPRAWLED out on the couch watching the creepy show, Criminal Minds.

Then Mike went to get the bedroom situated so that we could put the co-sleeper (which my friend Kristen handed down to me so generously (THANK YOU!)) next to my side of the bed for Thunder Bear to sleep. While he did that I started making a little mobile to hang over the co-sleeper. It's all black and white since that is what he'll be able to see from the get go. I haven't completed it but got the basic designs cut out and glued together, now I just need to string it up to a dowel or wooden chopsticks or something.

2 comments:

  1. Clicking on this image does not produce this food in front of me. Am I doing something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh whooopsy. you have to click on the caption underneath the image to get the recipe. but a bowl of soup will not magically appear on your table if you simple click on it.

      Delete