Sunday, June 24, 2012

This Is Not My Nude Boobs and Torso


I went back and forth on whether I wanted to post pics of my belly cast because I kept thinking, "My parents and my brother are gonna see this." We are a fairly modest family. Or maybe I should speak for myself! I never went around nude growing up (well when I was a toddler I walked around in my dress up petticoat with no shirt eating ice cream in pig tails). But then I thought, how silly, it's not really a nude picture of myself it's just a belly cast...it's art. It's like René Magritte's painting "Ceci n'est pas une pipe" or "This is not a pipe". It's not a pipe, it's a painting of a pipe. (I really just wanted to compare myself to Magritte, ha!) So here is my "This is not my nude boobs and torso" or in other words a belly cast of  my pregnant self that I donated to the boutique at the birth center.

This is a cast of the 31-32 week pregnant me.
They wanted to promote their belly casting kits for Mother's Day, hence the script across the top. That was their only demand that it say "Happy Mother's Day!" Other than that they let me have at it and I went crazy with the découpage! I used all of this tissue paper that I already had on hand and some acrylic paint. I had fun.

1 comment:

  1. And remember the photo of you playing the piano at Nana's with just socks on?

    Your casting and decoupage are quite beautiful and especially cheerful! Me gusta mucho!

    ReplyDelete