Thursday, June 7, 2012

Goodnight Baby

Mike said good night to me as usual last night but he also said goodnight to the baby too. It melted my heart! Perhaps the idea of my bowling ball tummy turning out an actual living and breathing human is starting to sink in for him.

We've been sleeping with this "Bonding Doll" made by Twinkle Baby (they are based out of Santa Cruz, CA) that my friend Jenny gave us. This is what they say about the doll:


"Bonding is the intense attachment that develops between you and your baby. This bonding doll is designed to give babies the sense of being close to their mom and dad. This is how it works; Mom and dad need to sleep with the doll for 2-3 days and the baby will then recognize their scent. This doll fosters a continuous parental bond with a sense of security. The bonding doll will soon be baby's favorite doll."

It is the softest, floppiest little thing. It's a star shape with no stuffing in it's body and it has a cow pattern on it's body. I call it the cowstar. I actually say, "Where's the cowstar?" or "Did you snuggle with the cowstar?" or "Did you just wipe your sweaty head with the cowstar?" Ha! I haven't slept with a doll since I was a kid. I LOVE IT. I fall asleep with it under my chin. When I wake up it's usually either by Mike's head or under my pillow.
This is the same color scheme as ours but ours has a cow pattern not a dalmation pattern.

1 comment: