Thursday, June 21, 2012

Heirlooms


Mike's mom sent us a box full of Mike's old baby stuff plus his baby book. So fun! There were lots of pics of Mike as a baby and little blurbs about him as a wee one. Like his first full phrase was, "Oh! It's hot!" He probably was eating some spicy food or walking on hot Puerto Rican sand or touching a hot stove or something.

Included in the box was this little ceramic cup with a frog sitting inside and the outside says "Fu Fu Frog" and when Mike saw it he said, "Ohhh! Fu Fu Frog!!" It was cute. There were also little white baby shoes with his name and birth date on the soles, a silver diaper pin with his birth date inscribed on them, a little feeding spoon so the little one can feed himself and a silver cup with his initials inscribed on it.



I am such a sentimental gal and loved seeing all of these baby heirlooms from when Mike was a wee boy. I think I will put some of it in a shadow box frame with one of the baby pics of Mike. Before I do that I may use some of the things in a little baby announcement for our boy. We'll see how much energy I have but I have been looking on the interwebs for baby announcements and I saw one that I really loved and am going to personalize it and attempt to replicate it. I hope it turns out because I really love the one I saw. It will be my first real photo project since grad school and it will involve a squirmy baby. HA! We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment