Saturday, June 2, 2012

Walking Always Makes Me Feel Better

Even if I'm having a yucky pregnant day (tired, bloated, tired, tired, tired, etc.) and I don't feel like walking I make myself go and it always makes me feel better. I had one of those days last Sunday. I made myself go on my neighborhood walk although my mind and body felt like jello. It was so nice. I think it distracts me from any discomfort I may be feeling and the rhythmic quality of my steps and breathing helps to center myself - whatever it is, it works. Plus, if I go later in the evening the lightin' bugs have graced us with their presence for the summer! So fun to see their little glowing bodies. This is our 6th lightnin' bug season which means it is the commencement of our 6th year living in North Carolina. Time sure does fly. My neighborhood walk is about 2.65 miles and it is quite hilly. Here are some pics of the scenery a long the way:

1 comment:

  1. I love your attitude....the scenery is gorgeous!!!
    oooma

    ReplyDelete