Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fingernail For the Record

When I was a kid through my twenties, I was a nail biter. I sometimes would stop (in my twenties) but then I'd start again. I think it had to do with anxiety or stress (school? finals? presentations? new situations?) The nailbiting subsided in my thirties. I remember my mom wouldn't let me get my ears pierced until I could either stop biting my nails or keep my bedroom clean for an entire month. That took FOREVER. My best friend Tiffany would playfully tease me by tapping her long fingernails on the car window on the way to school or on her desk in one of our classes that we had together. Well now I can grow my nails out, no need for fingernail polish on them either. I must feel at ease or something. Anyways, you know how they say that taking prenatal vitamins makes your hair more luscious and your nails long and strong? Well check out this nail that looks like it's on it's way to making a U-turn. Mike sees it and says, "eeeew." Hahaha! I'm going to see how long it can get before it breaks. I really want to have one of those gnarly Guinness Book of World Records Nails, just to snap a picture of it. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I vote for cut that nail!
    Happy for your growth, in more ways than one :)....
    ooma

    ReplyDelete